Our Awesome Family

Our Awesome Family

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hey Friends,

This week was fairly mild. Mason had a sick day. So sad. He woke up really late one morning, and when I went in to check on him he had thrown up in his bed! I felt so bad for the little trooper. It must have been a random bug, because he seemed to do a lot better later that day.

 
This is Mason in his "nest" (as he calls it) all cuddled up watching a show.


 
 
 
Later in the week we were able to FINALLY find a bike helmet that fit! Mase has a slightly larger huge melon, but it's such a cute melon. We LOVE his huge melon, but we had to buy a youth size helmet, that's right - youth size, not toddler size, to protect that perfect big brain of his. We had to search long and hard for this helmet, so we are glad we found it! Now if we could just get him to stay on his bike long enough to get the hang of riding it.... instead of just wearing his helmet in the house. :)  
 
Our city had the Spring Festival this past weekend! It was a lot of fun! We went to the car parade and saw a TON of beautiful cars, some tractors, monster trucks, motorcycles, even the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo!!
 

 
 


The weather has been abnormally hot lately (almost 90 degrees), but we are loving the sun! All in all it was a good week. We had a lot of fun at the Festival, and we've been getting in a lot of nice evening walks in the warmth. I LOVE this time of year!

This coming weekend is Mother's Day. It is a bitter-sweet holiday for me. I clearly remember the feelings I had for years, prior to being chosen as Mason's mother. But I also reflect on my feelings about Mason's birth-mom, Kaylee, and about how much she means to me. I relive the night of Mason's placement. Travis and I sat with her in her hospital room. All of us in tears with a million different emotions, and all of us sharing our love for this miraculous baby boy - as one family. I remember feeling that I would never be able to put my feelings for Kaylee into words that would be remotely adequate. I still don't know if she truly understands the depth of our love and gratitude for her. She is part of our family.

The relationship between an adoptive-mother and a birth-mother is extremely unique. It's one that can only be experienced, not explained. I love Kaylee with all my heart. She gave me my son. I am so grateful that I get to be in this kind of relationship. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Mother's Day on Sunday, May 12th. AND Happy Birth-Mother's Day on Monday, May 13th!

Much Love,

Erin, Travis, & Mason