Our Awesome Family

Our Awesome Family

Monday, September 16, 2013

Our Fall "Routine"?

Hey Y'all,

So now that summer has started to fade, we are slowing getting back into a "real" routine. OK, so we haven't started school or anything, but besides the normal stuff like going to Costco on (what feels like) a daily basis, we go play at the gym 3-4 times a week, playgroup at the park on Wednesdays, MOPs (see below) every other Tuesday, and then Trav and I have our church callings to work around too. So I guess calling it a "routine" would be stretching it a bit.

We always have time to go to the park. :) -- Now, let me preface this picture by reassuring you that I was right next to Mason the whole time, ready to catch him.

 
I'm sure you're all wondering if Mason filled his pants from sheer terror, and judging from the look on his face, I wouldn't blame you for assuming such. However, he was actually just straining to pull his legs up as high as he could ... thus the "HOLY CRAP!!" face. :) I almost wet my pants laughing when I saw how this picture turned out. ... he looks like he's about to fall to his death, doesn't he? ... Oh man, I love that kid. 
 
One of my new friends here introduced me to a fun group called MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers). It's a Christian based group for moms to join that gives them a chance to connect with other moms, have discussions, make fun crafts, and support each other. While the moms do their thing for about 2 hours at a time, twice a month, volunteers watch all the kids (separated by age group). It has been really fun for me to get out and meet new people in the area, and it's been fun for Mason to play with other kids and be his crazy little self. I have really enjoyed it so far!
 

One thing that is "routine" is chilling in the PJ's with Dad on the couch watching Phineas and Ferb. I am trying to get Mase to branch out to other hilarious shows (like Emperor's New Groove), but my efforts are in vain. No show will ever be as cool as Phineas and Ferb...
(also in this picture is Mason's favorite stuffed animal. A lamb named "Now", which Mase named when he was first learning to talk ... yes, the lamb is named Now... I don't get it either.... just go with it.)

So everything is pluggin' right along as usual. How's your "after summer routine"?

We are looking forward to our trip to Utah in October! Making fun plans to visit family and good friends, get new family pictures taken, and heck, maybe visit the zoo. Mason is currently fighting a cold, so we hope you are all healthy and happy!

Much Love,

Erin, Travis and Mason