Our Awesome Family

Our Awesome Family

Thursday, August 22, 2013

... aaaand we're BACK!

Hey Friends!

What a road trip!
During the first travel day, while Travis was in meetings at his corporate office, Mason and I spent the day at a children's museum. We had such a blast! There was a stage with instruments to play, a play house with a slide, and even a tractor that had a working bucket to scoop rocks!


 

 
 
And then we drove some more....

 
It was a LOONG drive...
 

 

When we FINALLY got to Bear Lake, Mason went straight to the swings!
Travis' family met us for lunch and playing at the park. We had a great time catching up with everyone, and Mason LOVED seeing his cousins. He's still talking about it.
 

 
Mason has been asking about his little cousin, baby Reese, for weeks now. He was so excited to hold her.

 
Chasing and squirting cousin Dillan. He was a such a good sport! Mason loves squirt guns.


Finding seashells with dad.

 
Mason recently discovered the game Fruit Ninja. So here he's playing Ninjas with Grandma using pool noodles.

 




 
More sand castle fun with the Dad and the cousins.
 
 
What the heck is she doing? The look on Mason's face is awesome! I LOVE this picture of Mason and Reese. He asked to hold her any chance he got.

 
Digging a water hole with big cousin Colin, and Grandma.
 
 
After a long day in the sun, you eat lunch, and crawl into Grandpa's lap for a nice snooze. Yes, Grandpa fell asleep too.

 
Mason and cousin Landon were CRAZY little drivers in Landon's John Deere. Mason rode that thing until the battery died. He had a ball! Especially when he discovered that there was a high gear that went waaaay faster than the low gear. He would drive it in circles, waving to anyone who walked passed.
 
  
 
I did eventually have to help him turn it in a different direction.
 
It was such a fun week, playing with cousins, visiting our families, and just spending time together. But, sadly we still had the long drive home. It actually wasn't too bad. It helped that Mason's favorite show is Phineas and Ferb, and I had downloaded about 25 episodes to our iPad. :)


 

Some of the things we did, but don't have pictures of included:
 
Mason had his first Jet Ski ride! He is such a dare devil! He hated when it was time to get off. (My brother has the pictures, so when he sends them to me I will add them to this post.) It was so fun! Mason was making motorboat sounds the whole time.

We went on a couple of bike rides to the boat marina (about 11 miles round-trip) and stopped for a shake on the way. Sadly, Mason didn't get to taste the shake that day because he fell asleep in the bike-trailer. (I have a pic, but it's on Trav's phone, which is currently being replaced due to water damage... long, unrelated story...if I can recover that photo I will post it, it was so funny!)

As you may have noticed, I am not in many of these pictures. It turns out I was behind the camera most of the time. So once I can steal pictures from my siblings I will update this post with some pics of me too. :)

All in all, it was TOTALLY worth the long drive. I love getting to spend time with my family, and most of all I love getting to spend so much time with Travis and Mason. It's bitter-sweet to have to get back to real life... and the 6 loads of laundry. But we're happy that we had a fun trip and we're home safe and sound.

We hope you're all having fun wrapping up summer before the daily grind of school starts up again. We pray you all have peace, safety, and happiness this Fall! 

Up next! We are visiting Utah in October ... to be continued...

Much Love,

Erin, Travis, and Mason